Tuesday, May 9, 2017
1. Drink water. The most important thing you can do for your skin, next to suntan lotion, is to keep yourself hydrated. Many of us may want to enjoy an adult beverage (or several) during a vacation or at an outdoor concert, however staying hydrated will keep your skin soft. Lots of water, especially if you plan on being out in the sun for long periods of time.
2. Use a lighter moisturizer. You don't need to go as heavy in the summer as you do in the winter. While summer can do it's damage, it's nothing like the brutal winter months. Don't over-do your moisturizer in the summer. Gels are best to use in the summer because of the high water content in them.
3. Use the night to your advantage. Dermatologists say that night time is the best time for your skin to repair itself. Give it some help with a serum that will lock in the moisture. Elle has a good list of 10 options that will give your skin the recovery it needs during the night.
4. Opt for colder showers. The summer heat is a great time to skip your hot showers. If you've been outside all day a colder shower will refresh your body. Plus, hot water is more damaging to the skin.
5. Apply the right amount of sunscreen. We all know sunscreen protects our skin from cancer and burns that will dry out the skin. Must most of us aren't using enough of it. Experts recommend you apply two tablespoons of sunscreen to your face every two hours that you are outdoors.
6. Use gentle cleaners. In the summer we tend to overcompensate for the extra oil our body produces by scrubbing with too many cleaning products. But using a mild foaming cleanser will get rid of the excess oil without taking away too much of the skin.
At Scents Unlimited we offer dozens of all-natural ways to keep your skin soft. You can order many of our moisturizers in your favorite fragrance at a fraction of the cost! To view our all-natural lotions and to read more beauty tips click the “like” button on Facebook!